1. Develop a risk management plan that will enable identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of risks across the business lines of the Firm.
2. Lead coverage and management of key areas of risk including:
o Operational risk: Risk and control self-assessment (RCSA), management of risk registers for all business units and functional groups, Business continuity planning, risk event management and administration of risk action plans in the business
o Market risk: Build financial models that predict market risk exposures and value positions.
o Credit: Manage credit assessment, approval and monitoring processes. Review and enhance credit models to improve performance and ensure adequate performance.
o Information and security: Ensure that threats and vulnerabilities associated with information systems are known and managed.
3. Ensure management and the Board are aware of and understand the risks that are being borne by the Firm and manage risk exposures within the risk appetite approved by the Board.
4. Provide value-added advice and support to the business on the creation or modification of policies, procedures and processes and ensure that an appropriate level of control is maintained.
5. Create and deliver training on risk related policies, procedures and incidents in order to drive awareness and improved management of risk across the Firm.
6. Proactively drive emerging risk identification through the initiation and completion of risk reviews / assessments. Manage the New business proposal (NBP) process from end to end.
7. Issues Management: Track the progress of remediation of issues and control weaknesses identified through work carried out by the business.