Risk Managers Association of Nigeria (RIMAN) was founded on 29th March 2000 to promote best practices and advocacy in risk management and related disciplines in Nigeria.
RIMAN provides distinct and value-added services by a pool of industry experts and seasoned professionals. RIMAN sets national standard in Professional designation with the CRM certification through RIMAN's on-going Certification programme and Mandatory Continuing Professional Education (MCPE).
Currently, all the Commercial Banks, Merchant Banks, Development Banks and Non-Financial Institutions, are members. Individuals were admitted as members from 2006 and this membership category has grown considerably.
RIMAN collaborates with regulatory authorities in policy advancement to ensure best practices in the financial and non-financial industries. Over the years, RIMAN has been involved in continuous provision of capacity building platform for organizations. The track record of excellent workshops, seminars, conferences, training, etc. is well known.
His Highness, Muhamad Sanusi II, CON, Emir of Kano, is the Grand Patron.
Click the links below for more information about the board and management of Risk Managers Association of Nigeria:
To be the premier body in developing and sustaining best practice and high competencies in the management of risks in Nigeria.
To facilitate the creation and sustenance of credible risk management practices; through proactive advocacy, capacity building, knowledge sharing, promotion of high professional standards and corporate governance.
- To establish and maintain an Association of risk managers engaged in the management of financial, non financial and correlated risks.
- To provide a forum for members to meet regularly.
- To Promote and protect the interest of members of the Association in their conduct of business operations.
- To formulate and maintain standards of conduct for members and to encourage professional risk management practices.
- To present the views of members in any matter that may affect their business operations.
- To provide facilities for the flow of information among members.
- To increase awareness of members through seminars, lectures and other forms of information.
- To confer, consult, maintain, contact with and cooperate with any persons, associations, societies, institutions and bodies of persons established in Nigeria or elsewhere having objectives in whole or part similar to those of the Association in respect of matters within the objects of the Association.
- To collaborate as appropriate with government and other regulatory bodies in formulating policies pertaining to risk management practice.
- To establish a general fund through subscription and any other fund raising activities for the maintenance and promotion of research into risk management practices and related matters and in financing any of the objects of the Association.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above object